Sunday, March 13, 2005

Down hill Skiing - learning a little bit more than skiing

So, I'm back from the weekend skiing trip to Wisconsin's Cascade Mountain Ski Resort. Pretty fun place - especially for beginners. This is the second trip this year - and being a beginner, I'm happy with my progress. What I liked about this place are the good instructors who adapt their teaching to your experience level. And of course the abundant downhill trails for beginners who really want to try out what they've learnt on the smaller slopes.

One key thing I learnt from the nearly 8 hours of down hill skiing across this hilly terrain was to make sure I knew what I was doing and not waiver from my faith in it. I knew how to ski down smaller slopes, but the steeper ones, where I found difficult to control my speed, I tended to become nervous and fall. Once I realized that the steeper, longer trails were no different - except of course that they were steeper, and longer :), I maintained my faith in the basics I learnt and didn't have any issues. I knew that the moment I lose faith in my fundamentals, I would fall.

Maybe life has a subtle way of giving you lessons. All we need to do is to look for them to appear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home