Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I 'm an International Film buff

With my monthly movie pass, I've been hooked on to International Films as opposed to the loads of junk (and occasional classics) from Hollywood. The advantage with watching the International Films at the video stores are that most of them are award winning films, so you get the best of the world.

I prefer movies that highlight the culture of the country they are from. And of course, I have a soft spot for epics. The most recent epic movie I watched was a Chinese movie called 'Warriors of Heaven and Earth'. To all those Indian movie fans reading this, you'd be as surprised as I was to note that the soundtrack of this movie was done by A.R. Rahman !

Some of the good Int. movies I watched lately have been - 'The Thief' (Russian), 'Amen' (French), 'Legend of Suryothai' (Thai), 'Advertising Rules' (German) and of course the most moving of all - 'Osama' (Afghani)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home