Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Spicing it up! - Puck u, Wolfgang ! ;-)

Finally, after placing my cooking skills in hibernation for over two years, I have revived my passion of cooking. Ok, maybe not passion, but it certainly is fun. I prefer to cook when I have company, but its a whole lot better than eating canned food - I've been feeling like somone living in a bomb shelter the past couple of months.

After a trip to my friend's place last week and his reenforcement of the fact that cooking can be simple as long as I chose the right dishes. So, I proceeded to shop at the local Pakistani store for spices (I prefer the Pakistani brands of spices to the Indian ones) and got me some Tandoori masala and Chana (chick pea) masala. After making one absolutely horrible and overly spicy chick peas curry, I realized that random spoons of masala don't work and I need to be more careful. Fortunately, I had enough skills to revive the chick pea curry. The tandoori dishes came out rather good. So the next time you feel like having Indian food, drop me a line.... the Streamwood Desi Dhabha is open for business!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home