Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Another one hits the bucket....

My buddy, Santhosh (SRT) does it once again! He's getting engaged on the 16th of this month. SRT and I share a very special relationship - our lives run parallel in many ways... let me explain:

1. Both were born in Kerala, India (him to royalty, me to the plebs)
2. Both lived in the Middle East till senior high school
3. Both of us went to the same coaching centers in Kerala after school
4. Both went to IIT Khragapur, in the same freshman hostel and ended up in the same wing, a few rooms apart
5. Both ended up taking up Computer Science
6. Both ended up working on the same projects, including our bachelor's thesis
7. Both ended up in the same research group at UMass Amherst
8. Ended up being roomates at Amherst (well, this was under our control)
9. Both bought our first cars around the same time
10. He got a job a few months after I did
11. Had similar issues with certain friends
12. Both graduated together
13. Both ended up crashing the cars we bought at Amherst
14. Both ended up buying new cars around the same time
15. Both ended up getting promotions faster than the norm
16. Both ended up meeting someone special through our parents and chatting for 5 months
17. Both ended up getting engaged within a week of meeting the special someone in person

.... and both getting married this summer? I am... I'm yet to hear back from him regarding his marriage plans.... not too much of a guess for me though :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home