Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Valentine's Day - Not for the faint hearted

Feb 14th has usually been very un eventful, except it being my Dad's birthday. We're not really into the big birthday bash or anything of the sorts. Dad claims to be St. Valentine himself, but in my case, both my parents were. Things had been uneventful, at least until this year....

So, I guess surprises go both ways. I managed to surprise her with flowers and a great gift (I surprise myself with the selection) :) for her birthday. And the Valentine's day present sent to India a day after the 14th certainly caught her off guard. 14th would have been so predictible and no fun at all. Funny thing is that she could pull one off on me as well. I didn't even realize the USPS packet lying outside my door till she asked me to check. I loved it! ..... I guess the first *real* surprise present I ever got. Maybe my skepticism of Valentine's day being overtly commercial may change after all.... we all need some time to show we care.... but maybe its the surprises without a designated day that get you... but I still believe its the thought that counts. Sending a present through her manager visiting the US a month in advance was brilliant. Brilliantly orchestrated... even the maestro, Herbert von Karajan would be proud.

(By popular demand: She got me a maroon colored sweater via her manager, a real nice tie and two mallu CDs) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home