Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The ups and downs

So finally, I got something critical (in terms of technology) to our company worked out today. Something that I had designed that we absolutely needed, but was so convoluted that it was the 'skeleton in the closet' of my design has finally been solved and I came up (with my collegue) on an extremely clean and simple solution that would perform far better that I had originally intended. This just gave me a major boost in confidence in terms of how I think we can get our product up and ready in lighting speed - in terms of customization during deployment. Now I can look my customers in the eye and tell them that I can customize our solution to them far faster than any of our competitors ever could ! :)

I am happy.... at least in terms of the possibilities this discovery opens up. Replaying the conversation I had with a very senior person (and fellow IIT alum) at my former employer yesterday afternoon, the more I realize how valuable the tool I am developing will be for business users. It would give me great joy if I can develop something that truly adds value to both business users as well as IT managers. Many have spoken of it - I hope to act on it. I cannot accept victory until this dream is made a reality. Forget the marketing pitch, I'm here to create something that is truly useful... and it would be the sight of seeing the twinke in my customers eyes that would give me the ultimate sense of satisfaction - not much inlike the satisfaction an artist receives on seeing the smiles on the face of his patrons.

I hope my family will be patient enough to help me realize this dream.... so far they've been extremely supportive.... thank goodness :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home