Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Entrepreneur Blog - The next stage in my life.... A new focus for the blog

GOODBYEMOTO, HELLO Red Rabbit!

So, today is when it finally strikes me, I am no longer going to drive to Schaumburg in the morning to the warm, stable confines of the 78 year old Telecomm mammoth. On my ride on METRA to downtown Chicago, I realize that this is probably a good time to start my entepreneurship blog - by popular demand, and something I've always wished to do. From today I will have to introduce myself as - Anwar Haneef, Chief Architect, Red Rabbit Software, and no more the 'Senior Research Engineer, Motorola Labs'. It feels so different even thinking about it. Its been over three years since I've been affiliated with Mot Labs - in fact first got in touch with them only 4 months after I got to the US in 2000, and I've been a part of them since in one way or the other (prospective intern looking into ideas to full time researcher). I've made some good friends there - I wish to continue being in touch with for the rest of my life and found some good mentors who helped me develop myself as a technologist and as a person.

Today I join the elite(?) few who've made it at least to the stage of starting thier own company and taking it forward. Motorola looks like a mammoth to me, considering that Red Rabbit only has five employees including myself. But I'm sure Paul Galvin had similar feelings when he founded the Galvin Manufacturing Company in the middle of a cornfield in the village of Schaumburg. Maybe someday, I too will help create a mammoth that can provide employment to so many people..... and help hone skills for future enterpreneurs.... 2083 A.D. doesn't seem so far off anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home