Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Motorola SCREEN3 - my past life

So finally, Motorola announced the SCREEN3 technology, which is essentially a ticker on the idle screen of your cell phone constantly keeping you updated with the latest news and other multimedia content. This is one of the technologies I helped develop at Motorola as part of Motorola Labs. I'd been working on this for ages now and I feel proud to finally see it hit the market! At least the name is a lot better than the internal code names we had. :)

It was a collegue of mine, Tzvetan and myself as members of Motorola Labs who built the first prototype of this (proving that it is technically feasible) and helped the Motorola marketing team sell it to wireless carriers. Having had been a user of the product for many months while I was at MOT, I can assure you, its very addictive and useful - once you're on it, you'll never understand how you could have lived without it - Motorola had done that to us with the cell phone in the 80's, now they've done it again.

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Anwar said...

Unfortunately thats as much detail as I can go. I cannot get into any of the technical details on that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home