Monday, October 20, 2003

Execution over idea

Taken from Loic L Meur [via Raj Jain/via Joi Ito]:


I think the idea has clearly no value when you create a company. This is what makes most people afraid of launching their own business, they wait for the idea of the century and never have it !

My point is that execution matters much more than the idea itself. Very few people actually execute an idea and execute it well and fast.

This is why when I start a company, I am never afraid of sharing it with everybody. Few people will do the same as you, just bet you will be faster. Sharing it with everybody gets you new ideas and very often constructive criticism, so share it.

I think creating a business is about filling empty space. There is empty space everywhere. How many times today you felt a service or a product was perfectible ? How many times you needed something that no company actually provides ? This is empty space. Just consider how big is the demand for this empty space and you have got your idea.


I've heard more than one enterpreneur mention this - both online and in person:
* 'Execution is what matters'
* 'It doesn't matter if you aren't the first one in the race - as long as you execute it well enough and learnfrom the mistakes of others'

Hopefully it will only be a matter of time before I can experience these first hand......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home