Saturday, September 20, 2003

WiFi Hotspots

Would I pay for WiFi access ? Maybe, if its introduced as a marginal addition to the cost of coffee or a sandwich that I purchase at a cafe. This is a listing of HotSpots in the Chicagoland area. Most of them are commercial - TMobile and the likes. I remember reading an article some place that says that Starbucks reports one or two users per hot spot - maybe price is what distracts people.

I for one would like wifi hotspots in more cafes. Panera Bread is my favourite in this regard - but I only know of two locations where I actually do get free wifi access - Panera Bread on IL-59 at Aurora, IL and another Panera at the intersection of Skokie Blvd and Golf Road in Skokie, IL. I wished the ones in Schumburg and Streamwood would add wifi to theirs - I would have frequented them more often then. Also see : http://www.wififreespot.com/il.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home